What’s Your Favorite Winter Time Activity? Crafts Indoors or Exploring Outdoors?
January 20, 2017
Whether you're the type of person who loves to get outside and enjoy the winter weather or the type who prefers to snuggle up inside with a good book, there are a number of activities that prove that the colder season can be just as enjoyable as the summertime. Here are just a few of our favorite winter activities.
- Plan a craft day. If you're stuck inside all day due to winter weather, get your creativity flowing by planning a full day of crafts with your friends or family. Plant some terrariums, host your own painting party or create some kid-friendly crafts.
- Make a snow angel. On the next snowy, blustery afternoon, bundle up and head outside to make some snow angels or have a snowball fight. It doesn't matter how old you are, because playing in the snow is always fun!
- Look for animal tracks in a local park. Animals behave very differently in the wintertime, and kids find it fascinating to learn about how squirrels, birds and other wildlife deal with the snow. Head to your local park or wooded area to track wildlife by searching for prints and feather marks.
- Make a hot chocolate bar. Make a big batch of hot chocolate the old fashioned way in a pot on the stove. Then, set out fun toppings like whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate chips and cinnamon and go wild creating your own extravagent hot chocolate mugs.
- Host a snow-themed movie night. Pull out the cozy blankets, pop some popcorn and host a winter movie marathon at home. If you're looking for ideas, films like Home Alone, Snow Day, and Fargo are all great winter-themed options.