What Are Your Favorite Summertime Activities? Here Are Some of Virginia Beach’s Best!
July 14, 2017
It's no secret that summer is one of the best times of the year in Virginia Beach, and whether you're more of a beach bum or an adventure-seeker, there's always a ton to do. Here are a few of our favorite summertime activities in Virginia Beach.
- Hit the beach! We're lucky enough to be near one of the best beaches in America, so don't let the summer slip away without checking it out. Do some sunbathing, read a good book or even pack a boogie board and hit the waves.
- Go fishing. Hit the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier and try to catch your own dinner. This popular 1,000-foot-long fishing spot is the perfect place to catch fish, have lunch at the restaurant or just watch as the waves come in.
- Visit Busch Gardens. Head over to nearby Williamsburg for a spin on the roller coasters at Busch Gardens.
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center. Admire fascinating fish and other aquatic creatures at the Virginia Aquarium, one of the largest in the country.
- Take to the boardwalk. On your next free summer day (or night), head down to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk to do some good old-fashioned sightseeing. Hit the ice cream shop, ride a bike along the strip of shops or check out the numerous free concerts.